Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 8

Chest and Back

Tony Horton says "Bring it!"  Well ladies and gentleman it has been broughted.  Todays workout was a sheer test of willpower over strength, I obviously dont have the strength to knockout 20 pull ups.  However push ups, if done X like, have the ability to really test your mettle.  Let me explain:  In the chest and Back portion Tony tells us "pick a number" this now becomes a one on one battle against your muscles and your brain, because when you get to the point where your muscles are tired, you cant even pick up your glass of water because you are shaking so bad, or your trying to figure out whether you should be spending your break resting or hanging over the toilet, and you realize that the number you picked is five more reps away.  Well people this is an "X"ample of a test of strength.  Not so much physical strength, obviously thats important, but mental strength.  It takes alot too die out on a push up, hit the ground, and then do three more, but it can be done.  I now approach Day 9 knowing that everything I thought I could do, any weight I thought was enough, and any exercise I thought was too tough, can not only be done, but can be conquered, and then intensified. 

1 comment:

  1. you should submit this bloq when your done.. they may add it to their website..

    ReplyDelete